What do I need to peer with an Internet Exchange ?

You need a BGP ASN which is usually assigned by a RIR, one IPv4 block (/24 at least) and one IPv6 block (optional).
You then need to establish a cross connect between your equipment and the equipment of the IX.
Once the physical part is achieved, you can start peering with other members and the route-servers via BGP.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *